Friday, October 21, 2005

Marvels of 210

Why do I have to sit by him today? I am not prepared. I leave for a minute waiting for things to begin. It gives him less time to focus in on me.

We start.

Stretch. Shift. Shake.

He looks bored. Like he has somewhere else to be. Something else on his mind and he just wants to leave. He looks around, distracted, and stays quiet. Why do I make him out to be more than he really is? It makes me think of the first time I made contact with him.

Sorry about this somewhat delayed response. We took the first year graduate students out to Catalina Island for a field course/retreat this weekend and I'm just trying to catch up with correspondence as a result of that. Thank you for your inquiry concerning graduate work at Irvine. I will be able to accommodate an additional graduate student in my laboratory next year and would be more than happy to consider your application for Ph.D. level study. Thank you again for your interest in my laboratory and in Irvine. I believe we have much to offer and would be pleased to talk with you about your research interests. Please let me know if I can provide more information or assistance. If you wish to talk by telephone, my work number is xxx-xxx-xxxx and my home number is xxx-xxx-xxxx.

He was the only one to offer his home number. He's not too scary. Maybe.

2 Comments:

At 3:34 PM , Blogger meli said...

my work number is kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kisss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss... yeah, that is not scary at all.

 
At 3:11 PM , Blogger Quetzal said...

hehe..only because it came from him. I really have a seret crush :0)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home