Monday, November 21, 2005

TAing and The Lab

Today I have more students begging for extra points. She says :

"so, umm....I think I'm failing this class".

Yea.....

"Cuz, umm.....I got a zero for my summary rough draft....cuz I plagarized, and then I got a C- on the final draft and you took points off for turning it in late to Turnitin.com......and ....umm.....I don't think its fair because my friends paper was late to Turnitin.com and the TA didn't take points off."

Really, because he's supposed to. I tell them the first day that points will be taken off.....

"So, umm..... is there any way that you could give me those points?"

NO! (shake my head in disgust)

"Well, umm....do you think that you could give us some more bonus points?"

NO!

How about they just read and write what they are supposed to when they are supposed to? They're so annoying!

The quarter is rapidly ending. I can't believe that my first quarter as a PhD student is almost over! It feels like I haven't accomplished anything! I still have to come up with a project and learn my way around the lab!

2 Comments:

At 8:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ahh, TAing. Sometimes I still get very surprised because I didn't act like that when I was an undergrad.

 
At 12:02 PM , Blogger Quetzal said...

I know! I can't believe people have the nerve to do some of the things they do!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home