Thursday, March 05, 2009

Time Machine

Really!? Has it been another year? I feel like the more I try to log what I have been up to the longer the time between logs/blogs get. It is not only in the virtual world, but in reality as well. I haven't spoken to anybody (besides those that are physically close to me...meaning, my husband/mom/and the people in the lab right next to me since there is a door that I can easily go through and sometimes need to since I tend to leave my keys at home) for at least since I last blogged. Seriously.

I went out for New year with my ex-lab mate. And then I haven't seen her again. Since she's been gone I have no one to share ideas with. It's a hinderance. Thanks Meli.

I did however, present in my first international conference: The International Congress of Entomology in Durban, South Africa. I spent my nights in South Beach and my days avoiding scientists in the halls. However, I can say I was trully energized after that trip. Unfortunately it was short lived.

3 Comments:

At 12:57 PM , Blogger ghostbeef said...

Can you answer any of the following questions for me? Thank you.


1. Provide one example of a change in the gene expression level of a developmental control gene results in a new trait or loss of a trait.

2. Describe the anatomical and physiological changes to love-finned fish that accompanied the evolutation of partially land-dwelling tetrapods. (Include Tiktaalik, Icthyostega, and Acanthostego)

3. Describe the rold of human-created waste in the creation of low-oxygen "dead zones" in oceans, particularly near rivers. Assuming that hthis is a permenent condition, what kinds of organisms are more likely to expand via adaptive radiation in this environment?

4. Provide on example of a behavior or other mechanism that prevents cheating in an evolved social cooperation system.

5. Describe the hisotry of measles in the human population. focus on where it came from, and whether its virulence became attenuated.

6. Describe a common explanation for cause of the mass extinction even at the end of the Cretacious period. Which animal groups where prevalent prior to the extinction even, and which groups expanded after the event.

-Just an enthusiast...

 
At 6:15 AM , Blogger Manus Dakadil said...

Ghostbeef's questions are elementary. Ignore him.

 
At 5:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

güncel haber
geciktirici
geciktirici spreyler
stag geciktirici sprey
geciktirici sprey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home