Friday, June 16, 2006

A Breath of Fresh Summer Air

Well, after this long year, and this long of a wait from post to post....I thought I would start anew. Today: my first day of the summer. Officially. Not that summer means anything anymore, except that I will have more time to dedicate to my own work instead of teaching, grading or desperately trying to finish assignments the day before they are due.

I started this fresh new breath by taking a respirometry course in Vegas. It set up me up with the knowledge of not only setting up the equipment but also how to gather data properly and how to properly analyze it. Important factors if I plan to continue with insect respiration.

During lab meeting today I was asked to stand and write on the board...while I was asked relatively easy questions (which I still screwed up) about respiration. That's ok. I wasn't ready for them. that's right. I hadn't prepared. Normally we just go around the table and say what we have been up to that week.

"Umm....graded some papers......went to class.......taught a lab..." . The End.

So today it was a bit different. I don't think I screwed up as much as I had personally expected.....but I know I'm still lacking in knowledge to impress anyone. We'll see how the summer pans out.

So, today marks the date for everyday posts........about important insect respiration things.....

2 Comments:

At 9:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to summer! I hope this summer treats you well. Do take some sort of recreational breaks once in a while...

 
At 1:54 PM , Blogger Quetzal said...

Thank you! I hope you have a great summer too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home